Jump to Content

I need to...

Get a ballot.

A ballot is mailed to every registered Washington State voter. Contact your county elections department to request a ballot or to make voting arrangements as an overseas citizen, military voter, seasonal resident, or voter with a disability.

You can also print a replacement ballot online with MyVote under “MyBallot.”

Update my voter registration address.

You can update your residential and/or mailing address online with MyVote.

If you do not have a Washington State driver license or ID, you can also update your address by mail or with your county elections department.

Change my name on my voter registration.

File a new registration using your new name, even if you are already registered to vote. Please notify your county elections department of the change.

You can change your name online with MyVote if you have a Washington State driver license or ID in your new name. If you do not, you can also change your name by mail.

Register to vote, but do not have a WA driver license.

You can register by mail or in person with your county elections department using the last four digits of your Social Security number.

Request a voter registration card.

To request a voter registration card, contact your county elections department.

Request a state voters' pamphlet.

Go online and log in to MyVote to view a personalized voters’ guide under “my candidates & ballot measures.” All you need to log in is your name and date of birth.

A printed state general election voters’ pamphlet is sent to every household in Washington. If you need a replacement, please contact the Office of the Secretary of State. The state does not print a primary voters’ pamphlet.

Please note that many counties do not produce a printed local voters' pamphlet. Many counties do offer an online voters' guide with local information. Please contact your county elections department for more information.  

Drop off my ballot.

Contact your county elections department for ballot drop box locations in your area. Many counties also offer this information when you log in to MyVote under “ballot drop boxes & voting centers.” 

Cancel my voter registration.

To cancel your voter registration, print a cancellation form and return it to your county elections department. You can also contact your county elections department for assistance.


Washington State Seal
Washington Secretary of State
Elections Division
520 Union Ave SE
PO Box 40229, Olympia WA 98504-0229
(360) 902-4180
Privacy Policy