Welcome to the Auditor's Office Online Special 3-Day Candidate Filing
Congratulations on your decision to run for public office!
This quick and easy online candidate filing module is a convenient way to file for office whether or not there is a filing fee.
|Candidates who file online will receive the following benefits: |
1. You do not have to appear in person at the Auditor’s Office to file. *
2. You will receive email confirmations that your filing has been approved.
3. You will receive immediate email notifications when other candidates file for the same position.
4. If the office you are filing for is nonpartisan, you will receive a notification of whether your office will participate in the Primary or go straight to the General.
5. You will receive an email notification for submitting your candidate statement and photo.
If the office you are filing for has a filing fee, you can pay with a Visa or MasterCard.
*If your office has a filing fee and you do not choose to pay with a Visa or MasterCard, you must appear in person at the Franklin County Auditor’s Office.
|Candidates who file in person: |
1. Bring your printed declaration of candidacy and applicable filing fee no later than Wednesday, August 9, 2017 at 5:00pm to the Courthouse, 1016 N 4th Ave in Pasco. The Elections Department does not accept credit or debit cards over the counter. Checks or cash are accepted.
|File before the deadlines:|
File online: beginning at 9:00am on Wednesday, August 9 and closing on Friday, August 11 at 4:00pm.
File in person: beginning at 8:30am on Wednesday, August 9 and closing on Friday, August 11 at 5:00pm.
Filing fees are nonrefundable, even if you withdraw or file for the wrong office. For questions, please call 509.545.3538.
All information provided is public record. Knowingly providing false information on a Declaration of Candidacy is a class C felony as provided by RCW 29A.84.711.