Frequently Asked Questions
Top Navigation 1
  Text Mode     Graphic Mode  
Island County Auditor > English > Recording > Frequently Asked Questions
  Text Mode     Graphic Mode  
Frequently Asked Questions
Does the recording department supply blank documents or notary services?
Documents must be presented for recording as they are intended for public record.  We can not provide forms or notarize signatures, as this constitutes "legal advice".
Does the recording department have birth and death certificates?
Original birth and death records after 1907 are maintained by the Regional Health District, Vital Statistics Office at 678-7351. There are only a few original records beginning with 1891 through 1907 available in the recording department.
Where do I obtain information regarding divorce records or annulments?
Please contact the Clerks Office at 679-7359 (option 6) for information regarding these items.
Are wills recorded for public records?
Wills can be recorded for public record, but it is not advised.  To probate a will, contact the Clerks Office at 679-7359 (option 6).
What kinds of documents are recorded in the recording department?
The recording office records Real Estate documents, liens, military discharges, maps and surveys. Copies of these documents are available for a fee. We also issue marriage licenses and County business licenses. For information regarding City business licenses, please contact the city your business will be in. For State business licenses, call 360-664-1400.
Right Top Content
Right Navigation
Right Middle Content
Right Image
Right Bottom Content
Footer Content