All candidates who file will have the option to submit a statement, biography, and photo for the printed and online voters' pamphlet. Submission guidelines are given in the link below.
Candidate Submission Guidelines - PDF
- Offices Open for Election, click here. - filing is closed
- Candidates Who Have Filed, click here. - filing is closed
To file for office, click here. - Filing is now closed
|Candidate Filing Week - May 14-18, 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM|
Last day to withdraw - Monday May 21st, 4:30 PM
Special 3-day filing - If no one files for a position, then Skagit County Elections will hold a special 3-day filing period.
- Candidates are required to provide an email address when filing.
- If you do not have your own personal email, you may use a spouse's, friend's, sibling's, etc. (with their permission), or you may create a free email account with yahoo, msn, gmail, or other provider.
- ALL communication with the candidate is done via email.
There are three ways you can file:
May 14 at 9 AM - May 18 at 4 PM. Online filing is available 24 hours a day, and candidates can use a credit card to pay filing fees.
Candidates who will be out of the area during the filing period can file by mail beginning Monday April 30, 2018 and ending at 4:30 PM on the last day of the regular filing period. Filings received through the mail before or after the prescribed time, regardless of postmark, are invalid and will be returned.
Skagit County Elections is open Monday - Friday from 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM at:
700 S. 2nd St, Room 201
Mount Vernon, Washington
View our Voters' Pamphlet Submission Guidelines below. We email all candidates a copy of our guidelines, and mail paper copies upon request.
For further information or questions, contact Skagit County Elections by phone at (360) 416-1702, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
To download a copy of the mail in form, click here.
Reminder - Filing fees are non-refundable
Right Top Content
Right Middle Content
Right Bottom Content