Online Candidate Filing will be available beginning May 13,2019 at 9am
Welcome to Skamania County's Online Candidate Filing Page
Online candidate filing for 2019 opens on May 13th at 9am. Information and deadlines for filing for 2019 is below.
This Online Candidate Filing Module is a resource for assisting candidates with a convenient way to file for public office.
Candidates are required to enter an email address when filing. If you do not have your own personal email, you may use a spouse's, friend's, sibling's, etc. (with their permission), or you may create a free email account with yahoo, hotmail, gmail, or other provider.
Candidates who file online will receive the following benefits:
- Candidates will receive an immediate email when another candidate files for the same position.
- Candidates will receive an email if a candidate withdraws from the same race.
- Candidates can pay their filing fees with a credit card.
- Non-partisan races with 3 or more candidates will appear on the Primary ballot.
- Candidates can submit a voters' pamphlet statement and photo. All statements and photographs must be submitted to the Auditor's Office no later than Tuesday, May 21 2019 at 5:30pm. Voter's pamphlet statements must be 100 words or less.We will email all candidates a copy of our guidelines and mail paper copies upon request.
If you use the online filing module to file for office from home, and choose to pay your filing fee by check or cash, you must appear at the Skamania County Auditor's Office. If you wish to pay by credit card, you may call the office at 509-427-3730 during regular business hours. Filing fees must be received prior to 5:30pm on Friday May 18, 2018. Your filing is not official until your filing fees are paid.
Filing fees are non-refundable
It is your responsibility to submit your online filing correctly, and pay the filing fees for that office (if any). If these steps are not completed correctly your name will not appear on the ballot. Please make sure you:
- Read all instructions very carefully.
- File before the deadlines: Online Filing is only available from 9:00 am Monday, May 13, 2019 to 4:00 pm Friday, May 17, 2019. If you choose not to use this online option you may file at the Auditor's Office between the hours of 7:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. during candidate filing week - Monday through Friday. The deadline for filing for in person in the Auditor's Office is 5:30 p.m. on Friday, May 17, 2019.
If you need assistance or have any questions, contact Skamania County Elections at (509) 427-3730 or via email at email@example.com.
All information provided is public record.
Online Candidate Filing Will Open May 13, 2019 at 9am