Top Navigation 1
  Text Mode     Graphic Mode  
Walla Walla County​​
Top Navigation 2
Left Navigation
Left Content
Left Content
Walla Walla County Auditor > English > Marriage License Information
  Text Mode     Graphic Mode  

Auditor | Accounting | Elections | Marriage License | Recording | Vehicle & Vessel

Walla Walla County Auditor’s Office                               [email protected]
Recording Department                                                     509-524-2549
County Courthouse                                                          office hours:
Second Floor                                                                     9:00 am – 4:00 pm
315 West Main Street                                                        Monday thru Friday
Walla Walla WA 99362                                                      (except holidays)
Marriage License Information
The application fee for a marriage license is $57.00.  Cash only.  The fee is non-refundable.  Checks and bank cards are not accepted.
The marriage license is not valid for 3 days from the date of application.  The waiting period cannot be waived for any reason.  The marriage license must be used in the State of Washington within 60 days of the date of validation.  These are calendar days.
A form of picture identification is required by both parties: driver’s license, state ID or passport.
Birth certificate, divorce decree or other documentation are not forms of identification. 
If the last name is changed on divorce decree or court order and is not showing on picture ID, then present a certified copy of document along with picture ID.
The applicant(s) social security number is required on the marriage license or the applicant(s) can sign a Declaration in absence of a social security number.
If one of the parties cannot appear in person, the other party may take the uncompleted forms to the absent party to be filled out and then signed in front of a notary public.  When the application is returned, the party taking the forms completes their portion in our office.
There are no blood tests required.
Questions for both applicants:  Applicant’s birthplace, address of residence and phone number.  Both parent’s birth name and birth state/country (if known).
Applicants must be 18 years of age or older.
  • Applicants 17 years of age may obtain a license with the consent of a parent or legal guardian.  The person giving the consent must come in with the applicants, show picture identification and sign the marriage application.
  • Applicants 16 years of age or younger:  require parent or guardian consent, must be a resident of Walla Walla County, meet with the Superior Court Judge and have a signed consent from the Superior Court Judge.  Once the consent is signed by the Judge then we can complete the application and start the three-day waiting period.
By State law, any (active or retired) regularly licensed or ordained minister or any priest of any church or religious denomination and judges of courts of limited jurisdiction may perform a marriage ceremony.  The marriage license requires signatures from 2 witnesses that are present at ceremony. 
See below if you would like one of the following Judges to perform the ceremony.  You will need to contact them regarding the fee amount to perform the ceremony and to schedule an appointment.
District Court Judges:
Kris Hedine:     509-524-2761
John Knowlton:     509-529-5464 or 509-956-9444
Right Top Content
Right Navigation
Right Middle Content
Right Image
Right Bottom Content
Walla Walla County - 2014